Monday, July 13, 2015

Re-Cap Attempts and Well Wishes

Raise your hand if your intentions and follow-through don't always see eye-to-eye. Insert vigorous hand waving here! When Veronica and I started writing this blog, we had every posting at least 2-3 times a week, if not more. Leading up to Princess Half Marathon Weekend, we did. Then - a culmination of months of waiting, registering, freaking out, costume making and training collided into an amazing Disney-filled weekend that left us with an overwhelming sense of bittersweet-ness (I know that's not a word, but I don't know how else to explain it!) Long story/apology short - it's taken us much longer than planned to re-cap our RunDisney experience.  There have been attempts to start, I swear!

The proof is in the pudding or draft posts and you can see below:

Last weekend, my Facebook and Instagram timelines were flooded with photographs and statuses from Disneyland's Tinkerbell Half Marathon Weekend.  Fairies, princesses and other Disney characters running in the Tinkerbell 5K, 10K and half-marathon were EVERYWHERE. I loved it! My younger sister LOVES Tinkerbell and we've talked several times about doing this race.  While I'm not a die-hard pixie fan, I love Tink's spirit and even her newly discovered sister, Periwinkle. We donned homemade tutus and ran as Periwinkle and Tink in a winter 5K this past December.

Maryland Princesses for the Half
I don't know if or when I will run the Tinkerbell Half Weekend - I love the costumes and magic, but also think Star Wars Weekend might be up my alley more so...either way, all the posts left me reminiscing over Princess Half Marathon weekend.  Three months have passed and I still have not written about the races themselves and I'm SO overdue - I apologize.  I also haven't posted in over a month, so I apologize for that as well. Life at home had become a bit over-scheduled and I am working to get reorganized and writing again.

Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend - tens of thousands of runners racing throughout the parks. Tens of thousands of runners who need to pick up their packets. How does Disney do it?! Having only attended one Expo myself (all other races were small enough for same-day pick-up or a friend picked up my packet), I had a fraction of an idea of what to expect.

oh to be Dory again...
Tinkerbell Half Marathon has come and gone and now its mid-July and a day before open registration begins for Disney Princess. I can't go next year for a million reasons and yet there's a TEENY TINY part of me that is already planning costumes (Pinterest = not helping) and wishing I had the bank roll to do it. BUT - I don't. I won't. Instead, come registration hour tomorrow, I'll be thinking of all my fellow Disney Princesses and wishing them luck! In some ways, just getting through the registration process is an event in of itself. So - while I won't be running in Florida next winter, I will instead look ahead to when I will plant my feet on the West Coast and experience Disneyland among fairies or storm troopers.


Our Maryland Mickey Ears will run again!

What about you? Are you running Disney Princess in 2016 or another RunDisney event?


No comments:

Post a Comment